3 Useful Father’s Days Gift Ideas
Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge would like to remind our patients to wish their Dads (or father figures!) a very happy Father’s Day on Sunday, September 1st.
Dads deserve big smiles of surprise for Father’s Day, but most of us have a fairly predictable “Father’s Day Gift” routine.
We go to the store and pick out a nice shirt, tie, or perhaps a bottle of whiskey, and then throw in a funny card. It shows some care, but not that much thought.
To help you buy your Dad a gift just as unique as he is, Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge has compiled a list of dental gifts for the Dad on your list.
You can give him a thoughtful gift that comes with the promise of improved oral and overall health!
We’ve arranged our gift suggestions by type of Dad.
The dad who just won’t floss
Water-flosser. Flossing is extremely important, but it’s also kind of tedious and difficult. An obvious alternative here is a Waterpik.
Waterpiks come with all kinds of technological bells and whistles, including different tips and adjustable water-streams.
The Waterpik uses jets of water to get between teeth and clean them.
They come with different tips, can be adjusted for water-flow, and are great for dads with arthritis or anything else that can harm manual dexterity.
Interdental brushes are an alternative to flossing. They can be, like floss, used daily and studies suggest they can be more effective than floss at removing plaque between the teeth.
They are also super-convenient for Dads with flexibility or manual dexterity issues (e.g. arthritis). Give your Dad the gift of clean teeth and healthy gums!
The techie dad
UV sanitiser. This cool tool gives your Dad the peace of mind that his toothbrush is protected from nasty bacteria that might be lurking about the bathroom and trying to get into his mouth.
The sanitiser is USB chargeable and has a variety of liners so it can fit multiple toothbrush sizes.
Bluetooth toothbrush. The latest toothbrush technology is a Bluetooth toothbrush that allows the toothbrush to communicate with Android and iPhone phones, helping your Dad track his oral health.
A cool app. If your Dad isn’t the type who’d want a Bluetooth toothbrush, he might want to have a general dental app.
These creative and fun apps (also suitable for mom!) keep track of dental health, make sure Dad brushes long enough, keep up to date on when toothbrushes need to be replaced.
The Dad who doesn’t smile
Sometimes an unattractive smile can keep your Dad from smiling, laughing, talking, and eating with the confidence he might like.
If so, consider getting him one of the following treatments. If you can’t afford an entire treatment, give your Dad a convenient gift certificate that he can use on whatever he wants.
- Teeth whitening. Some of Dad’s favourite foods and drinks can darken his teeth. Professional treatment in our office can make his smile up to 8 shades brighter in only an hour. Or he can take advantage of our professional-strength whitening gel and custom-made trays at home.
- Porcelain veneers. These thin, toothlike, porcelain “shells” cover smile imperfections on the front teeth.
- Dentures or Dental Implants. If your Dad is missing any teeth, Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge has solutions! We offer full and partial dentures as well as traditional dental implants and “Keyhole Implants.” Help restore your Dad’s smile!
Dental health, anywhere!
If your Dad is a road-warrior, for work or for play, he would probably appreciate a travelling dental emergency kit. This kit can be useful on a camping or business trip.
You can find emergency travel kits online, in local pharmacies, or you can create your own kit based on the condition of your Dad’s oral health.
If you’re going to put a kit together yourself, Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge has some suggestions.
- The phone number for Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge (02) 8889 1588.
- Gauze. For packing and absorption.
- Saline solution. For cleaning and rinsing.
- Ice packs. For pain and swelling reduction.
- Dental wax. To cover chipped teeth and temporarily replace lost tooth fillings.
- Save-a-Tooth system. Extends the period you have to get a knocked-out tooth to the dentist for reimplantation.
- Topical pain reliever. An over-the-counter product or clove oil.
- Over-the-counter pain medication. Be certain to follow instructions and read label warnings.
Dental Emergencies at Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge
When dental emergencies happen, you need to seek dental attention right away! Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge believes in bringing smiles whatever the circumstance may be.
Dental emergencies are to be taken seriously and handled cautiously. We understand that and are ready to help solve any dental emergency that may occur within or outside our working hours.
Same Day Emergency Appointment Available!
FREE Consultation for Dental Implants and Dentures
Call us on (02) 8889 1588 immediately. We will attend to you with utmost urgency and care.
We are located at G4/8 Merriville Rd in Kellyville Ridge.
We offer Interest Free Plans – No Interest Ever!
We are preferred provider of NIB.
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We offer interest-free payment plans with National Dental Plan and DentiCare
Mon-Wed: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thu: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Fri: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM