Call The Office
(02) 8889 1588
G4/8 Merriville Rd, Kellyville Ridge, NSW
Fissure Sealants Kellyville Ridge
Fissure sealants are clear resin, similar to white fillings, that act as a barrier against bacteria that cause plaque. They help prevent tooth decay and cavities.
Fissure sealants are usually applied to the grooves and pits of the back molars. These are the common areas for cavities in the teeth. The procedure can be conducted by your Kellyville Ridge dentist.
This includes patients with:
- A history of dental caries
- Deep retentive pits and fissures
- Poor oral hygiene
- Early signs of dental caries
- Poor plaque control
- Enamel defects, such as enamel hypoplasia
- Orthodontic appliances
The Fissure Sealant Application Procedure
Fissure sealant application is very simple when performed by your Kellyville Ridge dentist.
Teeth are prepared and cleaned thoroughly, as food particles and saliva can prevent the sealant from sticking to the tooth.
- The tooth surface is rinsed with an acid gel or a chemical solution, to ensure that the sealant bonds to the tooth.
- An adhesive is applied below the sealant.
- The sealant is applied.
- Depending on the type of sealant to be applied, a specialised light may be used to cure the material.
- The liquid sealant forms a strong barrier on the tooth surface.
- The bite is inspected, and excess material is polished away.
Your dentist at Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge recommends check-ups twice a year so that tooth decay or sealant loss can be monitored.
Teeth that are sealed don’t necessarily need any routine changes at home or changes in diet. Although fissure sealants help prevent decay on the molar teeth, it is still important to brush and floss teeth properly to avoid the factors that can cause tooth decay.
Fissure Sealants at Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge
Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge provides preventive dental care services, including fissure sealants, that help our patients maintain their oral health and prevent dental issues from occurring.
We are located at G4/8 Merriville Rd in Kellyville Ridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which teeth should be sealed?
What is involved in the fissure sealant procedure?
Is it painful?
Are sealants long-lasting?
How do fissure sealants function?
Who do I get treatment?
We offer Interest Free Plans – No Interest Ever!
We are preferred provider of NIB.
Book Your Consultation Today!
- We offer interest-free payment plans with National Dental Plan and DentiCare
Mon-Wed: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thu: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Fri: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM