New Year’s Resolutions for your Dental Health in 2020
With the New Year coming up fast, you may have already begun to consider your New Year’s resolutions.
And, Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge can certainly suggest some dental resolutions that you should follow to maximise your overall and dental health.
But this year, we’re starting with our resolutions – what Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge can resolve to do to help you get the dental care you need and deserve.
Our most important resolution is to follow the dental code of conduct as presented by the Dental Board of Australia, which says, in part:
This code seeks to assist and support registered health practitioners to deliver effective regulated health services within an ethical framework. Practitioners have to make the care of patients or clients their first concern and to practise safely and effectively. Maintaining a high level of professional competence and conduct is essential.
The code contains important standards for practitioner behaviour concerning:
- maintaining professional performance
- working with patients or clients
- working with other practitioners
- minimising risk
- providing excellent care, including shared decision-making
- working within the healthcare system
- professional behaviour and ethical conduct
- ensuring practitioner health
- teaching, supervising and assessing, and research.
Specifically, we resolve to:
- Treat you with respect, dignity, and courtesy
- Share with you all information about your dental diagnosis, treatment, risks, alternatives, and the prices you can be expected to pay so that you have all the knowledge you need to make informed choices about your dental health.
- Ensure confidential handling of your financial and dental records and refuse to release them, except when compelled by law.
- Allow you to have full, informed input into decisions regarding your dental care.
- Allow you to make suggestions or express grievances by sharing them with our staff, without fear of adverse reaction.
- Respect your schedule. One of our primary commitments is giving you appointments that fit in with your hectic schedule. We don’t want you to miss work or essential responsibilities, for dental care. For this reason, we offer limited evening hours as well as hours on Saturday.
Respect your concerns. At Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge, we are well aware that many patients suffer from anxiety or fear about dentistry. We do our best to make your dental visit as comfortable as possible by listening to your concerns and adapting to accommodate and alleviate them.
We have specific treatment options aimed at the anxious or fearful, including several levels of sedation:
Minimal sedation – the patient is awake but relaxed.
Moderate sedation – the patient may mumble when speaking and not remember much after the procedure.
Deep sedation – the patient is on the edge of consciousness but can still be awakened.
General anaesthesia – the patient is completely unconscious.
- We resolve to serve patients with care, excellence, and value, giving highest-quality dental services with an understanding that our patients are individuals with specific needs which it is our task to accommodate.
- We resolve to provide dental services and products with a professional quality that meet the standards of the Australian Dental Association and other agencies that govern the dental profession.
- We resolve to respond to your suggestions and concerns quickly and in a way that addresses any issues you might have.
- We resolve to treat everyone fairly – Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge treats all patients equitably, regardless of age, race, creed, religion, socioeconomic background, ethnicity, or current health conditions.
What you can do
Of course, we have a few, short, suggested resolutions for you!
Check-in with us. Regular check-ups are a vital part of maintaining your dental health, and they are a resolution you can keep. Schedule your regular dental check-ups for the year, now, and you will be set to go!
Buy new toothbrushes four times a year. Toothbrushes have a lifespan of about three months, and the New Year is an excellent time to make a swap. This will help keep your teeth clean through the winter, and by spring, it will be time to get another one.
Eat and drink properly. Avoid sugars, carbohydrates, and acids to make your dental health resolution successful. Drinking water with your snack, and rinsing after eating, make it more difficult for food to stick to your teeth.
Quit all tobacco products. Tobacco use can damage your mouth in multiple ways, increasing your risk for tooth discolouration, tooth decay, receding gums, gum disease, and even throat, lung and oral cancers. Smokers are nearly twice as likely to lose their teeth as non-smokers. So put the tobacco down in the new year!
Dentistry in Kellyville Ridge
At Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge, we provide dental treatments in a fun, friendly setting.
From our caring, gentle staff, to our cutting-edge technology and amenities, we give our patients the best possible service.
We deliver individualised service to every patient and their unique needs. Your care and comfort are our priority.
Dental Cube Kellyville Ridge serves local communities in Kellyville, Kings Langley, North Kellyville, Beaumont Hills, Rouse Hill, Schofields, The Ponds, Stanhope Gardens, Parklea, Glenwood and Lalor Park.
We are located at G4/8 Merriville Rd in Kellyville Ridge.
We offer Interest Free Plans – No Interest Ever!
We are preferred provider of NIB.
Book Your Dental Consultation Today!
- We offer interest-free payment plans with National Dental Plan and Zip Money
Mon-Wed: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thu: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (after-hours bookings available by appointment)
Fri: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM